Bremer County Board of Health
Bremer County Board of Members:
- Sally Yungtum, RN-Chair
- Dewey Hildebrandt- Vice Chair
- Dr. Courtney Bochmann
- Dr. Matthew Sexton
- Lisa Miller
To be added to a Bremer County Board of Health agenda, please contact Lindley Sharp at 319-352-0082 or via email to email@example.com.
On August 17, 2015, the Bremer County Board of Supervisors passed and adopted a resolution to establish a county health department under the governance of the Bremer County Board of Health in order to better provide all services mandated in Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 80. It was resolved by the Board of Supervisors to remove Home Health from the Bremer County Enterprise, Community Based Services, and establish it as the new Bremer County Health Department, all being effective October 1, 2015.
The following codes for Local Boards of Health help to guide the Bremer County Board of Health in its activities:
- Iowa Code Chapter 137, Local Boards of Health
- Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 77, Local Boards of Health
- Iowa Code Chapter 455B.172, Jurisdiction of Department and Local Boards
- Iowa Code Chapter 21, Open Meeting Law
- Iowa Code Chapter 22, Public Records Law
The Bremer County Health Department promotes, protects and preserves health through leadership, service, education, prevention practices and partnerships.
Building a Healthier Bremer County