The duties of the County Auditor are numerous. Some of the most important duties are mentioned below:
- Acts as clerk to the Board of Supervisors. Maintains minutes of the board, which shall include a record of all actions taken and the complete text of motions, resolutions, amendments, ordinances adopted by the board and correspondence.
- The Auditor is the Custodian of the Courthouse under the direction of the Board of Supervisors. This responsibility includes not only general maintenance and repair of the building, but also issues involving office space, records storage, and disaster recovery.
- Compute tax levies, prepare tax list, and certify same to the County Treasurer for collection.
- File and record all financial claims against the county, issue warrants for all claims allowed by the Board of Supervisors.
- Prepare county payroll and maintain all records pertaining to county employees.
- Keep plat books and records showing public highways of county, and plat books showing names and owners of all lands and town lots in the County. Record all details required for TIF areas.
- Enter all real estate deeds in plat and transfer books after same are recorded. Record and file change of title estates.
- The Auditor acts as County Commissioner of Elections. The Auditor is responsible for the administration of and conducts election, (primary, general, city, school, and special) and voter registration within the county. Other duties include responsibility for absentee voting recruitment of precinct election officials, printing and counting of ballots. The Auditor also receives nomination papers and financial disclosure documents and notifies voters of elections.
Information on the following services are available through the Bremer County Auditor's Office.
- Voter Registration
- Where to Vote
- Obtaining an absentee ballot
- Election Calendar
- Election Statistics
- Nomination papers for public office
- Campaign finance disclosure reports
- Working at polls on election day
REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY TAX LEVIES
- Plat Maps
- Real estate transfer information
- Tax rates for Bremer County
- Tax Increment Financing Districts
- Claims paid by Bremer County
- Board of Supervisors Agendas & Minutes
- Reports of County Officials, Township Clerks & Trustees
- Cigarette & Beer Licenses to dealers outside cities and town.
- Records of Permanent School General Obligation Bonds & Mortgages.