Sanitary Landfill Rules & Regulations
1. All loads MUST be covered 100% with a tarp. Bremer County reserves the right to turn away any load that is not 100% covered with a tarp, or charge an additional fee of $5.00 to your bill.
2. The Sanitary Landfill shall be open from 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Monday through Friday and on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. The landfill will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- President's Day
- P.M. Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day & the Friday after
- December 24th
- Christmas Day
3. The gate to the Landfill area shall be kept locked at all times other than the hours set forth in item number 2.
4. The Sanitary Landfill area shall be fenced and all solid waste shall be deposited within the fenced area as directed by the Landfill personnel.
5. All solid waste shall be transported in vehicles or containers in such a manner that the contents will not fall, leak, or spill there from, and shall be 100% covered to prevent blowing or loss of material.
6. As provided in sections 455B.363 and 455B.364, 1996 code of Iowa, any person found guilty of violating items No. 3 or 4 shall be punished by a fine of up to $100.00 or imprisonment for thirty days.
7. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES shall the following materials be disposed of within any portion of the Landfill area: junked automobiles, dead animals, paunch manure, tree stumps, lawn/yard waste, hazardous materials - such as waste chemicals, explosives, toxic or radio-active wastes, batteries, waste oil, free liquids, etc., and other items too large as not to be compressible.
8. Scavenging and salvaging shall be prohibited.
9. Use of the Bremer County Landfill is restricted to Bremer County residents and businesses. No solid waste will be accepted from outside Bremer County.
10. Landfill Wind Policy: On windy days, loads that can not be contained will be turned away. All loose paper MUST be bagged.
12. A charge at the rate of $60.00/per ton will be made for all solid waste (loose or compacted) hauled to the Sanitary Landfill. Loads will be rounded off to the nearest dollar. Minimum charge of $15.00.
The following exceptions to the above charges include:
Tractor: call landfill
Up to22" rim size $20.00/each
23" to 37" rim size $30.00/each
38" and up rim size $35.00/each
Stoves & Appliances without Freon: $10.00/each
Refrigerators & appliances with Freon: $15.00/each
Commercial Equip. or units containing gas/ammonia: call landfill for price quote 352-4574