Law Enforcement Center
Waverly, IA 50677
(319) 352-5400 Phone
(319) 352-2708 Fax
Monday - Friday
8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
Bremer County Sheriff Mission
The mission of the Bremer County Sheriff'sOffice is the preservation of public safety, peace and order. This shall be primarily performed through the prevention and detection of crime, the apprehension of offenders, the protection of persons and property, and the enforcement of the laws of the State of Iowa and the ordinances of the County of Bremer. For these purposes, the deputy Sheriffs' are endowed with legal authority. In the exercise of this authority, justice and equity shall be the primary motive. The mission shall be accomplished by adherence to the following objectives:
- Maintenance of law enforcement presence and availability throughout Bremer County on a 24-hour basis.
- Provision of timely and rapid response to criminal activities and all other requests for law enforcement services.
- Thorough investigation of criminal offenses and apprehension of violators of state statue and county ordinance.
- Initiation of Investigations where it appears that violation of law may have occurred.
- Enforcement of traffic laws to provide safe, smooth, and orderly flow of traffic.
- Provision of services to every criminal court within the county for the provision of safety, order, and efficient operation of these courts.
- Maintenance and operation of the county jail.
- Provision of required service of all civil and criminal process.
- Participation in crime prevention activities and other public informational activities that involve the citizens of Bremer County in the interest of public safety.
- Provision of Community policing services to enhance community involvement with law enforcement to accomplish the goals of this mission.
The primary emphasis of the department shall be on public safety, specifically by maintaining law enforcement presence, rapid response to call for service, thorough investigations and resolutions of criminal acts, and timely apprehensions of violators of the law.
The goals will accomplished by each member of the Bremer County Sheriff's Office who are expected to perform their duties in an efficient, hones, and professional manner. Members of the Bremer County Sheriff's Office are to act at all times in the interest of public safety and are to conduct themselves in a fair and impartial manner.