Diabetes Prevention Program
- A free structured 12 month weight-loss program provided by a trained lifestyle coach.
- Participants learn how to grocery shop on a budget, make proper nutritional choices while out to eat, track food intake, ways to incorporate exercise into lifestyle both in and outside of the gym, and learn ways to cope with stress associated with these lifestyle changes.
- Group setting where everyone is encouraged to participate and provide ideas on how to motivate each other.
- Persons 18 years of age or older AND overweight.
- Women previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes.
- Anyone who's had a blood test indicating pre-diabetes.
- 5-7% weight loss over 12 months
- 150 minutes per week of activity
- Overall maintainable lifestyle changes in fitness and nutrition.
- New session starts in January 2019
- Classes are held at the Bremer County Health Department located at 403 3rd Street SE. Waverly, IA 50677.
- All classes start at 5:00 PM.
Check out these before and after pictures from participants in session one!
PreventT2 is part of the NATIONAL DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM led by THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC)